ISO 22000 is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
A major resulting benefit is that ISO 22000 will make it easier for organizations worldwide to implement the Codex HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) system for food hygiene in a harmonized way, which does not vary with the country or food product concerned.
- Increased due diligence
- Dynamic communication on food safety issues with suppliers, customers, regulators and other interested parties A truly global international standard
- Provides potential for harmonization of national standards
- Covers the majority of the requirements of the current retailer food safety standards
- Complies with the Codex HACCP principles
- Provides communication of HACCP concepts internationally
- A systematic and proactive approach to identification of food safety hazards and development and implementation of control measures
- Resource optimization – internally and along the food chain
- All control measures are subjected to hazard analysis
- Better planning - less post process verification
- Improved documentation
- Better product image.